CUSTOMIZED KNEE REPLACEMENT WITH PATIENT SPECIFIC INSTRUMENTS
Specializing in partial and total joint surgery, Dr. Robert A. Kayal is the regional pioneer of yet another cutting-edge advancement in knee replacement surgery: Zimmer® Patient Specific Instrumented (PSI) computer-assisted navigation technology using the Zimmer’s® most advanced Persona® knee replacement implants. Available to patients in Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Morris and Passaic Counties, PSI is the next generation in high-fidelity knee replacement. This new technology allows the joint to be custom-fitted to your anatomy, which speeds rehabilitation and optimizes surgical outcomes.
PSI begins with painless MRI imaging and pre-operative planning tools that result in a 3-dimensional model of the knee joint. Accurately depicting the unique properties of your knee, the model becomes a precise surgical tool that guides bone cutting, joint alignment, pin insertion and custom instrumentation. Essentially, PSI technology allows surgeons to perform a virtual knee replacement in advance of your surgery—and replace your damaged joint with a new knee designed specifically for your body and lifestyle!
A regional pioneer of this progressive implant procedure, Dr. Kayal performs PSI surgery exclusively at Chilton Hospital. Paired with proven, minimally invasive surgical techniques, PSI offers a number of benefits over traditional knee replacement surgery.
Kayal Orthopaedic Center’s MRI-based knee replacement advantages include:
- Alignment accuracy: PSI improves knee implant fit and maximizes joint stability.
- Minimal invasiveness: PSI knee replacement involves less bone cutting than traditional knee replacement surgery.
- Expedited surgery: Pre-planning helps to reduce time in surgery and can hasten post-surgical recovery.
- True customization: Just like your favorite suit, your knee joint is tailor-made for you!
Learn more about MRI-based joint replacement technologies:
- Click here to download literature.
- Click here to watch a video.
- Click here to listen to an informative radio interview about the procedure.
- Click here to read our press release about customized knee replacement.
- Click here to read Chilton Hospital’s press release quoting Dr. Kayal on the benefits of personalized knee replacement.
To schedule a consultation to discuss your debilitating knee pain, contact our Ridgewood or Franklin Lakes offices today. We look forward to partnering with you on the road to improved orthopaedic health!